Trip Highlights: Disneyland 2018
Updated: Aug 19
In December of last year, I got to spend two days in Disneyland with of my friends, so I wanted to share some of my favorite memories and pictures from our trip!
1. I met Captain Hook for the first time ever!
He was very tall and had some skinny legs. I asked him if he'd seen Peter Pan recently, and he told me (with his hands) that he flew away!
2. Ashley touched the Evil Queen's apple in the queue for Snow White's Scary Adventures.
Do this next time you're in Disneyland! I learned about this little hidden secret in a Disney magazine that my dad gave me.
3. We walked onto Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.
Long queues do not exist in the morning at Disneyland Park. We walked onto this, along with lots of other Disney classic rides, at park opening.
4. We experienced "it's a small world" holiday for the first time (and loved it)!
5. I faced my fear of Ferris Wheels and rode the most terrifying one that exists.
They have Non-Swinging and Swinging gondolas on the Pixar Pal-A-Round. We chose the Non-Swinging, but I was still mortified the entire time and was not entertained by the people above us who were swinging their gondola all over the place.
6. We checked out the rest of Pixar Pier.
It was very themed and cute, but I sort of felt like I was at a carnival.
7. We stumbled upon this random attraction called The Bakery Tour.
They gave us free bread, and we got to see the process of making homemade sourdough bread!
8. We stopped for lunch at Jolly Holiday Bakery Cafe.
The grilled cheese + tomato basil soup and the Mickey macaron were both delicious!
9. We rode Haunted Mansion Holiday for the first time.
Neither of us are big "Nightmare Before Christmas" fans, so we weren't crazy about this version of Haunted Mansion. We prefer the regular Haunted Mansion!
10. We ended our first day on Main Street U.S.A. for the Christmas Fantasy Parade.
This Christmas parade, unlike the Christmas parade in Disney World (during Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party), is FREE to watch! It's included in regular admission to Disneyland Park, so it was fun to finally see a Disney Christmas parade without paying extra.
1. All of my dreams came true when I got to see Mickey and the Newsboys on a trolley in California Adventure.
Mickey looked so cute in his outfit, and I think we might've locked eyes for a second.
2. We rode Radiator Springs Racers.
This ride is similar to Test Track in Epcot, but I liked it even better than Test Track! The views were beautiful!
3. My dreams came true (again) when I got a picture with Christmas Mickey.
Yes, I had to practically wrangle him to get him to take a picture with me; but nevertheless, I got a picture of him blowing me a kiss.
4. We canoed the Rivers of America on Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes.
5. We discovered this amazing attraction called Animation Academy.
This is a 15 minute Disney character drawing class that is taught by real Disney artists. They have classes offered throughout the day, and you don't have to sign up for them or pay! You just show up 15 minutes before class begins. We would have liked to stay there all day, but we settled with just drawing Mickey and Minnie!
6. We squeezed through a very crowded New Orleans Square to watch Fantasmic.
Although it was a cool experience to be sitting so close to watch their Fantasmic, I did not like the fact that I felt like I was being herded while trying to get to a spot (on a railing) to sit for the Fantasmic in Disneyland. Basically, you aren't guaranteed a seat if you don't reserve a FastPass or purchase the Fantasmic Dining Package.
Overall, it was a very memorable Disney trip because I got to experience a lot and take note of the differences between Disneyland and Disney World! What's your favorite thing to do/see in Disneyland?